Things that have made me sad:
- An Edmonton police officer was shot and killed while serving a warrant. The nut job who shot him was one of Freemen on the Land, a quasi militia group that is dedicated to hate and does not recognize the authority of the government. This was the first Edmonton police officer killed in the line of duty in 25 years.
Things that have made me happy:
- I saw Mad Max: Fury Road. It was visually stunning and the writing was decent.
- I saw Jurassic World. It was visually stunning and mostly a lot of fun but the writing was atrocious and sexist. The dinosaurs stole the show and turned in some great performances. I hear there’s even some Oscar buzz for the raptors.
- I finally got a PlayStation 4.
- We bought a Sodastream and I made myself some pop.
- The Toronto Blue Jays are on an 11-game winning streak and are scoring upwards of ten runs per game.
For the most part, life has been good in the past little while. It’s been difficult to find anything to complain about but I will continue to try. Cheers.