I have very kindly been nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” by SouthernGal at Life Is a Damn Circus. This was a pleasant surprise and I would like to say thank you.
Rules for Nomination:
- Nominated blogger must link back to the person who nominated them.
- List rules of nomination.
- Upload award pic as featured image.
- List 7 random but awesome facts about yourself.
- Choose an unspecified number of blogs to nominate.
Seven facts about me:
- Sometimes I enjoy talking to my wife through an empty paper towel roll. It gives my voice weight and authority. She remains unimpressed.
- I failed grade three.
- I won the ‘Best First-Year Essay’ contest at the University of Alberta. The prize was a massive art history book called Art Through the Ages. It was a shining moment.
- I keep my wisdom teeth on my desk in a clear plastic container and look at them often. I had them extracted about 15 years after they should have been and they are gnarled and big and nasty looking, but I love them. I sat in the dentist’s chair for 4 hours.
- I had laser eye surgery a few years ago and it has been the best money I have ever spent.
- When I lived in Vancouver, I did a bunch of extra work for television. The pay was terrible but the work was easy and they fed you three squares a day. Sometimes I will see myself walking down a school hallway during repeats of 21 Jump Street.
- When I was a child I would stand under power lines hoping one would fall on me and I’d be turned into a superhero of some kind.
Blogs I would like to nominate:
- Behind the White Coat
- Surgery at Tiffany’s
- The Write Transition
- Thy Critic Man
I chose these blogs specifically for their insight, entertainment, and humour. These are some funny cats. If nothing else, this has been a great motivation to figure out this linking thing and acknowledge some pretty great people that I’ve had the good fortune to interact with on an almost daily basis. They’ve made blogging far more fun than I thought it was going to be. Thank you.